Thursday, November 10, 2005

A silver lining in a dark cloud

Just got an offer for Golf, but had to turn it down.

Today has been quite peaceful.

I went to Suntec wanting to catch an exhibition only to find that the exhibitors have all packed up. Oh well.. better luck next time.

Then thought I’d run over to Funan to buy a mouse and also a USB hub since my mouse have kinda died’ed on me and also the USB hub I bought from Sim Lim was a bit cranky.

But when I came back, I’ve had to rearrange my various USB hubs so many times and my USB mouse connection was still very patchy. Let’s see what other voodoo I would have to do to make it work. Not sure which is not working but now, I have 4 USB hubs linked one way or the other to the PC. Some with their own private power, so not too worried about lack of power for these devices.

Anyways, I’ve a good friend who’ve been communicating with me via email, and it troubles me that someone I care about is in the pits of depression, and unfortunately I am unable to do anything about it. I emphasize with my friend, and would like to say that sometimes mistakes do happen. The thing is how do we learn from them so that we do not make them again, or if we do, lessen the impact of those mistakes.

But one thing for sure, nothing is worth dying over. You have friends whom, believe it or not, care for you and love you for who you are. Hard as it may be in these trying times, you need to keep your chin up and continue living life as best as you can.

I was listening to this song over MixFM of Malaysia the other day, and my friend, I think you will find this hitting quite close to what I am trying to say to you:

Third Eye Blind – Jumper (from lyrics007)

wish you would step back from that ledge, my friend
You could cut ties with all the lies
That you've been living in
And if you do not want to see me again
I would understand
I would understand
The angry boy, a bit too insane
Icing over a secret pain
You know you don't belong
You're the first to fight
You're way too loud
You're the flash of light
On a burial shroud
I know something's wrong
Well everyone I know has got a reason
To say
Put the past away
I wish you would step back from that ledge, my friend
You could cut ties with all the lies
That you've been living in
And if you do not want to see me again
I would understand
I would understand
Well, he's on the table
And he's gone to code
And I do not think anyone knows
What they are doing here
And your friends have left
You've been dismissed
I never thought it would come to this
And I
I want you to know
Everyone's got to face down the demons
Maybe today
We can put the past away
I wish you would step back from that ledge, my friend
You could cut ties with all the lies
That you've been living in
And if you do not want to see me again
I would understand
I would understand
I would understand
Can you put the past away
I wish you would step back from that ledge, my friend
I would understand...