Just to report, I went golfing with my cousins about 2 weeks (already???) in Palm Villa.
I've played that course before, and it's not too terrible nor difficult.
My score was probably the lowest that I have gotten in the past 6 years. 98, and yet I still lost and had to pay for lunch!.. I think!?!?!
Anyways, the key differentiator in the game was my new driver. Apart from 2 holes that I bombed an 8, most of the time I did OK in terms of tee'ing off. It's still got an ugly hook, but works when you have a dog-leg left. The one dog right, i managed to hit it straight and proper.
My irons were also the life saver especially when the driver deserted me. My 5-wood, I can pretty much retire that club without affecting my game. The life saver club for me that day (and days past) was my 3 iron as I was able to get 180 or so meters on it.
And now I know my swing speed or the club head speed. On one of the holes, my cuz whipped our his new toy. Some radar gadget that measured how fast the club head is moving. You just put the thingamajig close to the tee, and it registers how fast you swing. I came in at the fastest for that hole, which was aroung 100+ mph or kph. didn't know the unit of measurement. But accordign to my cuz, that speed will get me an extra 20 - 30 meters of distance.
So I guess what I lack in consistency and direction is made up by speed.. not sure if that is a good trade-off!
Anyways, it looks to be my only game for the next few weeks as I prepare to pack my kid to primary school and enjoying her last holidays as a kindy-kid.
Blogged with Flock