I got this on my inbox, of which I will censor and fudge to protect my own ass.
I note that you have been using the designation Director as a functional title. You can still continue to use the title, until we recruit a Director or we want to change our marketing strategies.
my retort: geez, thanks a lot for your utter kindness. I don't really know what to say... I am thinking either of the following: OH! Thank you sooo very much that I could kiss the very ground you walk on,
or this: You can kiss my farking ass and shove the title where the sun and moon daren't go!
Mr So and So, who is my No 2 will be appointed to be Director as a secondary appointment and deputise for me as the Big Kahuna in my absence.
my retort: huh... I actually don't have one.
While it had brought clarity to where I stand in this job, I think back and literally just want to fark myself for getting into such a silly situation. I actually gave up a job offer months ago because I thought I was expanding on my managerial roles, and managing some junior staff. And now, I find myself back where I was about 4 years ago, again with no one reporting to me and worst, on the same standing as some more junior staff. So so much for climbing the corporate ladder.
And so as I have joked, I have been relegated from the Premier League to Division 1 standing. Joke as I may, but I'm really pissed off.
Worst of all, even on projects that the new Big Kahuna has no farking idea on, he insists on being the gatekeeper between him and the Bigger Kahuna. And this is quite a big change as I am used to unfettered access to my Bigger Kahunas. So now whatever access I would like (and not that I am an attention seeking arsehole), it's officially blocked.
Ah, so what am I to do. Let's hope that my "interview" pass muster with the big boys in London, and soon too. The best ang pow I could have is a new job offer for the job I passed up months back.
Blogged with Flock