Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Minor rant

Minor tirade coming on.

I am on facebook, and so is a gazillion other netizens. And I have a group of people I call as friends on fb.

I have this guy on my fb that constantly updates his "what are you doing now" hit on fb. I mean not like one a day but almost a few times a day. And it is usually this sort:
- xxx is hard at work
- xxx is working hard on cloud computing
- xxx just came back from meeting
- xxx is working hard in the toilet
- xxx is going to work
- xxx is in kl for work

I mean wtf, if he's got so much time to go onto fb to update his status, his employer is not getting the most out of this employee! In this current economic climate, I'd fire his assets in a jiffy!

And furthermore, who in their right mind would update on such things unless it is a way to compensate on his lack of work.

I am really unemployed, but officially designated as self-employed, and I can't fathom the silliness of updating my fb so frequently. I have long days and short days, but I just don't have time to log on to fb every few hours. Email yes, fb no.

But since today is special, I will go and update my status, and lol, it will not be about work.